Hello you lovely lot,
I hope you’re all well! I wanted to do a little blog post to share all my tips and tricks to creating your own Dream Visual Vision board at home. I recently found that making future plans and thinking about the future in some ways as been really calming and given me something to look forward to. Even though right now we don’t know when we will be able to do future things, there is still something quite calming thinking about all the lovely and amazing things we will get to do with loved ones in the future.
Myself and my close friend Kirsty, have also recently been talking a lot about Manifesting and visualising. And if any of you have ever read or watched The Secret you may know all about visualisation. It’s actually been something my mum has taught me growing up and within day to day life and whilst me and Kirsty travelled we spoke about this and used the ideas of Law of Attraction along the way.
So I decided during this time, to create my own visual dream board. . Filled with bucket list plans, goals, my dream home, future travels I one day want to experience and more. It’s been something I’ve been really enjoying lately and has given me back inspiration and the creativity boost I need whilst at home. So in this post I’ll be sharing everything you need to create your own at home Visualisation Dream board and any tips I have.
Visualisation is one of the most powerful mind exercises you can do. According to the popular book The Secret, “The law of attraction is forming your entire life experience and it is doing that through your thoughts. When you are visualising, you are emitting a powerful frequency out into the Universe.”
Things you’ll need
- Scrap book- can be whatever size you’d like. I went for A3 as I wanted big pages to fill! – there’s lots on amazon here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=scrap+book+A3&ref=nb_sb_noss
- You could also look into getting a board or poster, to act like a pin Board. Something pretty you can look at and fill. There are Some good ones here on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/search?q=pin%20board
- Magazines, newspapers, home interior books, books you’ve read and loved: collect some things you like to cut and stick into/onto your scrap book or board!
- Download Pinterest and pin all the things you love. I created different boards one for “Vision Board inspiration” and then “My DREAM board” and filled this with all the the imagery that inspires me, uplifts me, quotes and sayings that help my mindset and everything that inspires me in one place. My Pinterest is linked here if you fancy seeing the boards I created: Linked here.
- Basically get together lots of things, you want to look at every day. Photos, quotes, sayings, images of places you want to go, reminders of events, places, or people, postcards from friends and just about anything that will inspire you.
- Cute coloured pens or pencils: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=pastel+pens&ref=nb_sb_noss
- Fun stickers, glitter or whatever you fancy to make the page feel bright and happy- I went for a gold theme as I wanted the pages to be colourful with gold accents to stand out! Letter stickers: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=gold+alphabet+stickers&ref=nb_sb_noss
- Cute coloured stickers: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Simple-Stories-Carpe-Stickers-Multi-Colour/dp/B072RT5H53/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=mood+board+stickers&qid=1589402152&sr=8-4
- Coloured card- coloured card is a nice way of layering areas of the page or poster and having sections to fill with your thoughts, goals, bucket lists plans and aspirations! Linked here.
- Printer: With all the things I’ve added to my Pinterest boards, I’ve printed up my favourite imagery to fill the pages with.
- If you don’t have a printer- there’s lots of other ways to get creative and fill the pages with imagery that you love and words that inspire you. You can use the old books you’ve loved, magazines, newspapers or if you wanted to add photos there’s a lot of amazing photo sites that print lots of JPEG pictures for reasonable prices too! Such as Photo Box : linked here.
- Another little thing I did, which is completely up to you is creating my Dream mood board playlist. I’ve been adding to my favourite songs to one playlist, so that whilst I’m getting creative with my scrap book Im feeling calm and relaxed. It’s so nice putting down my phone and all technology and focusing on getting creative and also creating something that will always be around to inspire me, uplift me when I need and be a place I can look back on and add to over the years.
Ideas for pages:
When it comes to actually putting your stuff on the board, it’s completely up to you how you’d like to lay it out. I like overlaying the imagery and filling it with as much as I can. All the quotes and imagery that sparks positive thoughts and motivation for me. As for choosing what makes the final cut, I always lay everything out before I start gluing and pinning so I can visually get an idea of where I want everything to be and how I want it to look. It’s basically a space you can create and make completely unique and personal to you so it’s nice to have fun with it! These page ideas are completely up to you but are just some of the pages I’m creating and thought I’d share with you all!
Bucket list and goals page – Filled with the things you want to do in your life and things that inspire you. I also added a list in text of the things I want to do over the next 10 years, and although its best to write this out in hand, I printed these and then went over them in pen, as writing out your goals is meant to be a better way of putting your positive energy into your goals and plans. I also wrote my bucket list and goal plans with ” I will….” as this is meant to change and heighten your visualisations for the things you want to achieve and do in your life. So for example, ” I will swim with Sharks”.
A travel and adventure page. A lot of my bucket list and life plans are based on travel and places I want to see and explore in the world. So I wanted to dedicate a whole page to travel. It’s mainly pages that I know will push me to do the things I want to see and explore in life and give me the motivation when I need it. Because travel is something that really does change you and allow you to grow. From the lats few travels I’ve done I’ve learnt so much about myself and seeing the world and stepping outside your comfort zone, I think is one of the best things you can do.
A dream home or room board. Pages filled with interior love, home love and a vision for perhaps a space you would love to create for yourself. I’ve created a home board with colours, interiors I love and a space I can in-vision.
A worst case scenarios page. Creating a page with worst case scenarios or what if’s can work as a little extra push on the days we might need motivation or inspiration. As well as a gently reminder that sometimes the what if’s or worst case scenarios aren’t actually as bad as we think they’ll be.
A Look how far I’ve come page. I’ve created this page as a space that I can come to and look at when I need a reminder of just how far I’ve come and any mountains I’ve gotten through over the years to be where I am now. I think it’s important for us sometimes to remind ourselves, how far we’ve come and just how much we’ve gottten through. As sometimes things can feel scary and impossible to get through, but sometimes looking back at those times we didn’t think we could do it but did, can be a really nice reminder that we can do anything we put our mind, love and positivity into. For this page I printed off some photos of things that symbolise these moments for me, such as travelling to Australia alone (took 3 days and I’m scared of flying), sky diving, completely my degree, and lots more that are little bit to personal to share in this post. but make it as personal to you as you’d like.
How to Visualise– different techniques.
” Visualising techniques-The practice can help people create their dream lives by accomplishing one goal or task at a time with hyper focus and complete confidence.”
What visualisation can do:
- It activates your creative subconscious which will start generating creative ideas to achieve your goal. It allows you to feel creative and can help get those creative juices flowing.
- It can help to more readily perceive and recognise the resources you will need to achieve your dreams.
- It helps activate the Law of Attraction , thereby drawing into your life the people, resources, and circumstances you will need to
- It can help with personal and internal motivation. And can help uplift, inspire and give you the push you need to take the necessary actions to achieve your dreams.
STEP ONE: CREATE GOAL PICTURES AND A VISUAL PICTURE FOR EACH GOAL.
- This of course links to everything I spoke about with creating a vision dream board. Creating these boards is powerful visualisation technique. Another way of doing this on vision boards is, actually printing pictures of yourself in the places you’d like to experience or do. So for example if you want to visit NYC then print a picture of New York and stick a picture of you on it. It might sound silly but it allows you to really see yourself there in that space.
STEP TWO: VISUALISING INTERNAL WITH MENTAL REHEARSAL:
- “Mental rehearsal (also known as visualisation or imagery) is when the athlete pictures the movement or skill in their mind. Mental rehearsal requires the athlete to take their own perspective/view and imagine completing the skill perfectly, while ensuring they visualise the complete scenario”
- I’ve left a little description of this above to explain it better than I’d probably be able to, but mental rehearsal can be done in different forms. One of the ways I do this, is giving myself a few minutes a day when I wake up and when I go to bed (usually best when you feel most relaxed and calm) where I do some meditation, where I visual myself in a world where I can see, hear and feel my goals. Theres different ways you can do this, to find a way that works for you- one is seeing your visions on a screen in front of you in your meditation and see it playing out- see it, feel the feelings, imagine it as clear as you can. Then go into the screen, see yourself in that place and be in that moment. Really try and visualise yourself there. It’s really about finding what meditation you like and feel works for you- for me I play some calm music in the sun and find this gives me the space to visualise in the right way.
STEP THREE: INDEX CARDS
- Another way to practice visualisation is with index cards. We can write on index cards our aspirations and goals and put them near our beds, and before we go to sleep and when we wake up we can read the cards, close our eyes, see the completion of the goal happening, think about that moment for a second, open our eyes and move onto the next card.
STEP FOUR: REPEATING POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS:
- An affirmation is a statement that evokes the experience of already having what you want. For example ” I am happily living in my dream home and running my own sustainable brand.”. Repeating an affirmation several times a day is a great way for us to keep focused on our goals and give us the motivation we need. It also in a way allows our brains to subconsciously feel pushed towards doing what we can to make that goal happen.
STEP GIVE: BELIEVE AND EXPECT RESULTS:
- Visualisation and Affirmations can be extremely powerful. They allow us to harness all of our positive energy and brain cells to focus on working in a purposeful direction. Engaging our brains towards our goals- allowing us to feel more motivated, inspired and uplifted. It engages our subconscious more so over time positive change can happen. It’s important to fill our days with the people that inspire us and all the things that make us happy. Read books we love, look after ourselves- our mind and bodies, and fill our days the best we can with things that make us feel happy, grounded and present.
Theres a lot on research and more in-depth talks and messages about visualisation and this is just a small chuck of ideas I wanted to share with you all. It is something not everyone believes, but for me first hand I’ve seen how positive and powerful it can be and right now it’s something thats really motivating for me and allows me to feel grounded.
Anyway, this has been a long one! So hopefully it all makes sense! I highly recommend looking more into The Law of Attraction and the power of visualisations yourselves too if you are interested! I also will have a YouTube video coming soon on how my vision dream board looks and any tips over there to! so keep your eyes peeled!
Love, India Moon x